CoinExchange.io accounts are accessed by using a registered email address, password and a unique, dynamic, 6 digit Two Factor Authentification (2FA) email code to login. This code will be sent to your registered 2FA email or phone number.
It is highly recommended to follow the instructions below to secure your account from unauthorised access:
1: Set a strong password.
CoinExchange.io has strict minimum password requirements for the security of user accounts. Your password must be at least 8 characters long, and include at least 1 of each of the following:
1 Uppercase letter
1 Lowercase letter
1 Special character
NOTE: Use a password which is unique and specific to your CoinExchange.io account. The more intricate the password, the more secure it will be.
CoinExchange.io Support CANNOT see your password. Do NOT ask for or tell us your password.
2: Setup a dynamic Two Factor Authentification (2FA).
CoinExchange.io accounts are accessed by using a registered email address, password and a unique, dynamic, 6 digit Two Factor Authentification (2FA) email code. This code will be sent to your registered 2FA email or phone number.
It is highly recommended that all users setup dynamic 2FA via an Authentication Application (ie Google Authenticator or Authy), as the most secure forms of 2FA are timed, dynamic codes which change constantly and are provided through the application.
NOTE: 2FA is disabled by default but it is highly recommended that users enable 2FA ASAP for increased account security.
3: Register using an unique email address.
One of the most important security factors is keeping your email account secure.
CoinExchange.io sends various important emails to your registered email address which includes information pertaining to your account activity (login attempts, failed login attempts, withdrawal confirmations etc.).
CoinExchange.io highly recommends:
- Using a unique email address which has not been used on any other sites or services as this is one way of how your account can be identified and possibly exploited by hackers.
- Using a permanent email address that is reliable as emails pertaining to your account activities will be sent to it.
- Using an email provider which supports 2FA. Check if your current provider supports 2FA and enable if it does.
- Identify if your email (as well as associated credentials and information) has been leaked by using a website which searches for known exploits, such as https://haveibeenpwned.com/
4: Additional precautions.
- Never reveal your password to anyone.
- Do not use public or shared networks and devices to access online services.
- Always log out of CoinExchange.io after finishing your use of services.
- Keep your personal devices secured when not in use.
- Become acquainted with the security functionality of an exchange (eg. CoinExchange.io) prior to use of services with significant funds.
- Be aware of possible phishing scams.
- If you suspect may be known to unauthorized parties, change password and 2FA for each services used immediately.