At times, it may be necessary for CoinExchange.io to place a wallet in Maintenance status. Maintenance is required for necessary updates and upgrades to ensure stability.
There are a number of various reasons a wallet could be offline:
- The developer and the exchange is in the process of implementing a wallet update.
- There could be a possible fork on the blockchain. In order to protect funds, we may disable the wallet until a consensus has been made on which is the proper chain.
- The wallet daemon on our server has hung or crashed.
- The wallet is sending orphan transactions or having an issue that requires the developer to work with us on resolving.
Additionally, there may be other circumstances causing a wallet to be disabled. We always endeavour to resolve wallet issues as quickly as possible.
NOTE: The wallet going into maintenance is CoinExchange.io's wallet for that coin. We do NOT host wallets per user.
When a wallet is in maintenance:
- Transactions will not process, but should be received when the wallet is re-enabled.
- Withdrawals cannot be initiated and new deposit addresses cannot be generated.
- Unconfirmed deposits should be received once the wallet is back online.
- Transfer to other CoinExchange.io accounts cannot be initiated.
- Trading may be paused if the wallet is put in maintenance status.
How do I know if a wallet is in maintenance?
You can check the status of a wallet by going to My Account, followed by the Balances page and viewing a wallet’s Status. You can also search by coin name or code.
|Wallet is online.|
|Wallet is in maintenance.|
|Wallet is offline.|
I deposited coins while the wallet was offline, will they be credited?
Provided that your deposit was made on the correct blockchain and the transaction id (txid) can be found on the official explorer, your coins should be credited when the wallet is back online.
Can I trade when a wallet is disabled?
In the majority of situations, you can continue trading if a wallet is offline. If there is an issue that would cause trading concerns, we will turn off the market.
Please rest assured, our tech support team is always actively working on resolving issues that may arise and getting a wallet back online ASAP.